Thursday, October 15, 2009

BAD RELIGION Live @ Berkeley 4-22-89

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b3ec6855c076757c2fb2ca15d7ea42d94b1814960e032a7979b5ba589d1986ba

(these pictures were taken when I met Bad Religion at a Wherehouse music in Tustin for an in store appearance promoting THE NEW AMERICA. The Next day I went to an in store they were doing at Tower Records in San Diego and got them signed!) Obviously these aren't the signed versions... But I love that Brian Baker, formerly of Minor Threat personalized his with "I'm Drunk!"

I love Bad Religion... they are one of my favorite bands of all time. This is a fun show from the suffer era, Greg G has some fun banter with the crowd between songs, and even butchers a Journey song! Since BR really doesn't need me saying much about them,how I got this show is a bit more anecdotal. Before mp3s, those of us lucky enough to have computers with our 96 baud modems would find people to trade tapes with via snail mail through the early days of the internet. (I got in to tape trading right around the time i got AOL... how facinating it seemed after having to use BBS's and such..) This was one such tape I got. I don't remember who from, or what I traded for it, but it is one of the few live shows of theirs I got that I have never seen available in cyberspace... so now it is!!! This is different then another bootleg that circulates also in Berkeley from later in 1989.

No comments:

Post a Comment